Friday 3 January 2014

Top 10 Films I Dislike But Everyone Else Loves

10. 
Dredd
Not having read the source material. This film never gave me reason why this guy is so god damn special and the insufferable slow-mo action didn't help me wanting to give a damn.

9.
Gravity
When you are making a survival film the main thing you need is a strong emotional connection with the main character and Gravity doesn't have that and all of the CGI in the world couldn't hide that.

8.
Fantastic Mr. Fox 
Wes Anderson can be a tad bit quirky. But this is quirky on fucking cocaine and it gets to the point of being insufferable.

7.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
I can sum up my reasons for not liking this film with 5 words. Kate Capshaw and Short Round.

6.
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
This has too be the most bland, generic, lifeless and unfunny animated film for some reason too get a pass from people. 

5.
Blood Diamond
Somebody wants an Oscar. Blood Diamond just comes off as a 99 cent version of Hotel Rwanda and other films that have political themes and have struggles taking place in Africa.

4.
Footloose (2011)
 It's a soulless remake that offers nothing new what so ever and is no different than other failed remakes that don't get a pass.

3. 
Pitch Perfect
It's more of a over long episode of Glee than an actual film. It's sad that they fuck up a Flo- Rida more than Flo- Rida.

2.
Napoleon Dynamite
I can't stand this film and if I didn't see Movie 43 this would be for me the worst film ever made.

1.
Brokeback Mountain
To me this felt like a Nicholas Sparks rip-off while watching it. I don't care they're gay, if this couple were at least likable I might have gotten into it. But, no this is just a self-important, self-serious bore fest that earns none of it's emotional moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment