Saturday 4 January 2014

Top 10 Films I Like But Everyone Else Hates

10.
The Hangover Part II
It's a rehash of the first film too be sure. But, you know what I still found it pretty damn funny and the monkey is better than the tiger.

9.
The Lone Ranger
Flawed too be sure. But, it's entertaining as hell when it works and I liked that it wasn't over blown with CGI.

8.
A Christmas Carol (2009)
 I liked that it wasn't like every single re-telling of this story. It was darker and for a re-telling of A Christmas Carol quite refreshing.

7.
Transformers (2007)
It's illogical too be sure. But, it's also utterly bad ass awesome fun at the same time.

6.
Anonymous
Give Ronald Emmerich credit he did try something different for him and it works really well. It made me he didn't go back too doing action films like The Day After Tomorrow but he is sadly.

5.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
I loved that this was the Jack Sparrow road show. This was what the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels should have been.

4.
Cars 2
This is nowhere near Pixar's best (I mean have you seen their best). But for what it is I found it entertaining and so much better than the first Cars.

3.
Snow White & the Huntsman
My enjoyment for this mainly comes from the fact of this kind of fantasy is right up my ally. But I also like it when classic stories get a fresh take with it.

2.
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
This is was honestly unlike any "Alice in Wonderland" adaptation I've seen and I thought it was a great idea too make sense of nonsense. Can someone tell Harmony Korine this.

1.
The Phantom of the Opera (2004)
The film has a Beauty and the Beast element too it that makes more emotionally invested than other recent movie musicals. Also a great soundtrack and visual style helps as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment